Topic: Open Ldap username needs specification in installation guide

We installed iRedmail and noticed we were not able to login to the ldap admin area once installed using the passwords we had chosen.  Three re-installs later I finally guessed that to login to the site for http://$domain/phpldapadmin is the following:

I must user the username of: cn=Manager,dc=$domain,dc=com  (the full string where $domain is without the .com)
or the username of: cn=vmailadmin,dc=$domain,dc=com

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Open Ldap username needs specification in installation guide

Yes.
In the installation guide, it says please refer to /path/to/iRedMail-x.y.z/iRedMail.tips after you finish the installation.

this is correct, but in the iRedMail.tips file there is no mention of this username format, nor is there mention of the username needing to be put in this format to work, for a newbie to PHPldapadmin it can be vexing as during the iRedmail setup there is a place to input the ldap admin user, but it implies that the username is just :vmailadmin or :vmail, the only way I discovered how to login was pouring over the .conf files for ldap and trying everything related to a username I could find.  A request I would make is that during the setup process while setting up the phpldap admin user it would specify that the username format has to be in ldap format of cn=vmailadmin,dc=$domain,dc=com

I made it (functions/phpldapadmin.sh) add dn in tip file several weeks ago in -current, hope it won't make user confused anymore. smile