Topic: Where to go after install?

Hi,

This may sound like a very basic, newbie question, so I appologize.  I've downloaded iRedMail 0.7.3, and ran the install setup.  I selected all the defaults, and let it run.  After a few minutes, it d/l'ed all the necessary packages (91) and installed them.  No errors.

What next?  Where do I go next? I would have thought/expected webmail (roundcube) to be installed, iRedAdmin (not pro - i understand), phpLDAPadmin, etc....  I selected all the packages in the Optional Components for OpenLDAP backend screen, but it doesn't seem to have done anything.

Am sure it is me being completely obtuse here, but I am a little confused.

System specs:
CentsOS 5.7 fresh install
iRedMail 0.7.3

Am I missing the obvious here somewhere?

Thanks,

Eric

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Where to go after install?

As mentioned in installation guide, you can try accessing some web applications to make sure it works expected:
http://www.iredmail.org/install_iredmai … plications

I guess I wasn't clear enough in my prior post, I tried all those links, but they all showed nothing installed.  Which confused me significantly.  So I checked the httpd.conf file to try and determine if I can find any configuration parameters or Virtual host definitions, but was unable to find anything in the /etc/httpd folders.  So I find myself very confused.  Of course, now that I think about it, there are two things I didn't check.
1) actual paths in the /var/www/html folders (to see if/what has been installed there, if anything)
2) I am accessing the host via IP and not by hostname.

Could #2 be making the difference?

Thanks,

Eric

I was wondering whether you have iRedMail successfully installed or not. If you have it installed, all URLs should be accessible.
You can find these URLs and related accounts under iRedMail installation directory, e.g. /root/iRedMail-0.7.3/iRedMail.tips.

I am wondering the same.  I've tried installing it twice, in two seperate clean installs.  Both with the same results.  I already read through the iRedMail.tips file but haven't been any more successful.  I will double check again tomorrow.  Are there any install log files or other that I can validate that the install put everything in properly?

Thanks,

Eric

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I was wondering whether you have iRedMail successfully installed or not. If you have it installed, all URLs should be accessible.
You can find these URLs and related accounts under iRedMail installation directory, e.g. /root/iRedMail-0.7.3/iRedMail.tips.

I have found the following packages downloaded in /root/iRedMail-0.7.3/pkgs/misc:
iRedAdmin-0.1.6.tar.bz2
iRedAPD-1.3.6.tar.bz2
phpldapadmin-1.2.1.1.tgz
phpMyAdmin-3.4.3.2-all-languages.tar.bz2
roundcubemail-0.5.4.tar.gz

However, I don't find any of those files unpacked or installed anywhere else on the machine.

Is the install script aborting prematurely?  Is there anyway to validate that the install script ran to completion properly?  I cannot seem to find anything in /var/log that would detail the install process or even in the iRedMail-0.7.3 folder either.

Any help/insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

benze wrote:

Of course, now that I think about it, there are two things I didn't check.
1) actual paths in the /var/www/html folders (to see if/what has been installed there, if anything)
2) I am accessing the host via IP and not by hostname.

I have checked /var/www/html but there is nothing additional installed there (only a robots.txt file).  And trying to access machine by hostname made no difference either.

Thanks,
Eric

Web applications are unpacked under /var/www/ by default, do you have any of them?
I'm afraid that your iRedMail installation was not completed.

To check its installation status, you should find related log under iRedMail installation directory, there's a hidden file ".iRedMail.installation.status", please paste its content here to help troubleshoot. Also, you can find application related URLs/settings/accounts in iRedMail-0.7.3/iRedMail.tips.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Web applications are unpacked under /var/www/ by default, do you have any of them?
I'm afraid that your iRedMail installation was not completed.

To check its installation status, you should find related log under iRedMail installation directory, there's a hidden file ".iRedMail.installation.status", please paste its content here to help troubleshoot. Also, you can find application related URLs/settings/accounts in iRedMail-0.7.3/iRedMail.tips.

I checked the .iRedMail.installation.status file as well as the config file and noticed that they were missing the USE_WEBMAIL, USE_PHPLDAPADMIN, etc settings, so performed yet another clean OS install and reinstalled iRedMail again.  This time, everything seems to work.

Thanks,

Eric