Topic: Issue after upgrading iRedAdmin from open source edition to Pro.

==== Provide basic information to help troubleshoot ====
- iRedMail version: 0.7.4-rc3
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: ubuntu Server 11.10 64 bits
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====

Hi again.

I've just upgraded my iRedAdmin open source edition v0.1.6 to iRedAdmin Pro MySQL v1.3.0. Everything seems to work properly, 
but in the "Domains and accounts" when I try to edit an account I get the following error:
'internal server error'
(no more information)
and I can't do it.
Using the open source edition v0.1.6 it works fine.

I followed the instructions in this tutorial: http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … ro/OSE-Pro

What is the problem?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Issue after upgrading iRedAdmin from open source edition to Pro.

There must be some related error log in Apache log file /var/log/apache2/error_log, could you please paste them here to help troubleshoot?

If you're not sure what're related log, simply access the error page again, and it will log again.

Happened to my test system too before

I think it happens because iredadminpro-mysql1.3 still uses the old policyd (v1.x) table structure.
and in iredmail-0.7.4 ships with policyd 2 which has different mysql tables.

temporary fix: copy tables that don't exists in cluebringer db from the old policyd tables just to get the iredadmin works, though i doubt those tables will be used by the new policyd
(blacklist*, whitelist*, throttle*)

Thanks for your reminder, @beez.

Hi @manunauta,

You can temporarily "solve" this issue by disable Policyd integration in iRedAdmin-Pro. In /usr/share/apache2/iredadmin/settings.ini, in section "[policyd]", change value of "enabled" to False. Then restart Apache web server.

[policyd]
enabled = False

No problem Zhang.

Speaking of cluebringer, any plan of using its integrated amavis module to manage the amavis config?
So we can fine tune Amavis setting as per-domain or even as per-user configuration.

Eg. we want to enable virus-scan & spam-filter for domainA,
but only virus-scan for domainB

so user1, user2, user3 @ domainB use its amavis-domain setting,
but then we can also override user4@domainB with special setting, enabling its spam-filter.

I do plan to integrate Policyd 2 in iRedMail, so that we can get some more features, and PostgreSQL backend support. Currently, Policyd-1.x is the only one which doesn't work with both MySQL and PostgreSQL. After iRedMail works with PGSQL, i plan to release a iRedAdmin-Pro-PGSQL (PostgreSQL edition).

But honestly, it won't happen so soon, because major Linux distributions havn't shipped it.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Thanks for your reminder, @beez.

Hi @manunauta,

You can temporarily "solve" this issue by disable Policyd integration in iRedAdmin-Pro. In /usr/share/apache2/iredadmin/settings.ini, in section "[policyd]", change value of "enabled" to False. Then restart Apache web server.

[policyd]
enabled = False

Thanks a lot Zhang, now my server is working fine.
Only one question: what happens if Policyd is disabled?

manunauta wrote:

Disabling Policyd in iRedAdmin-Pro, means you cannot manage Policyd with iRedAdmin-Pro, but Policyd is still working, you have to manage it via MySQL command line.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
manunauta wrote:

Disabling Policyd in iRedAdmin-Pro, means you cannot manage Policyd with iRedAdmin-Pro, but Policyd is still working, you have to manage it via MySQL command line.

OK.