Topic: [ANN] iRedMail-0.7.4-rc3 released. Policyd-2, Ubuntu 11.10.

Dear all,

iRedMail-0.7.4-rc1 is now available for testing, you can download it directly here: iRedMail-0.7.4-rc3.tar.bz2 (updated to 0.7.4-rc3).

We need your help to test this RC release more on Ubuntu 11.10, so that we can move to Policyd-2.0.x in iRedMail-0.8.0. If it works well, we will try to bring PostgreSQL support in iRedMail-0.8.0 too. (Policyd-1.x supports only MySQL, it's the only one which doesn't support both MySQL and PostgreSQL.)

Major changes since iRedMail-0.7.3:

• It now works on Ubuntu 11.10.

• Add Policyd-2.0.x (code name "cluebringer") support on Ubuntu 11.10.

• LDA (Dovecot deliver) will move SPAM to Junk folder by default.

• Add missing INDEXes for Amavisd database: msgs.mail_id, (msgs.content, msgs.time_num), quarantine.mail_id. Thanks rjnena <rjnena@gmail>, David <dcharbonnier@gmail>.

• Fixed:

• Incorrect per-user realtime mailbox quota if loggin in with shadowAddress. OpenLDAP backend only. Thanks tmihalicek tomislav.mihalicek @gmail>.

• Incorrect per-user sieve_dir setting in Dovecot. Thanks cetex <oskar@cetex>.

• Package update:

• Roundcube webmail -> 0.6.0. Seems Roundcube-0.7.0 will be available soon, we will ship 0.7.0 in iRedMail-0.7.4 stable release.

• phpMyAdmin -> 3.4.6

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: [ANN] iRedMail-0.7.4-rc3 released. Policyd-2, Ubuntu 11.10.

I've tried  this release on CentOS now (Sorry, I know the subject of the topic is about Ubuntu)
I got the following error

# /etc/init.d/amavisd restart
Shutting down amavisd: Error in config file "/etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf": syntax error at /etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf line 607, near ")"
                                                           [FAILED]

The reason is comment on line 605 for  @lookup_sql_dsn
after removing this comment the service started normally.

We need help to test iRedMail on all supported distributions, not only Ubuntu. smile

I tested iRedMail-0.7.4-rc1 with CentOS 5.7 and 6.0, both are fine. May i know you test it on CentOS 5.x or 6.x?

4 (edited by tiramisu 2011-10-25 05:09:53)

Hi

I've just tested on my fresh ubuntu 11.10 installation and I have errors as follows:

/var/log/cbpolicyd.log:
[2011/10/24-22:20:42 - 6211] [CBPOLICYD] WARNING: Client in BYPASS mode due to DB connection failure!
[2011/10/24-22:20:42 - 6211] [CBPOLICYD] NOTICE: Client BYPASS timeout exceeded, reconnecting...
[2011/10/24-22:20:42 - 7037] [CBPOLICYD] WARNING: Failed to connect to database: Error connecting to database: Access denied for user 'cluebringer'@'localhost' (using password: YES) (7037)

/var/log/sieve.log:
Oct 24 22:53:46 lda(www-data): Fatal: setgid(1001(vmail) from mail_gid setting) failed with euid=33(www-data), gid=33(www-data), egid=33(www-data): Operation not permitted (This binary should probably be called with process group set to 1001(vmail) instead of 33(www-data))

As I checked on the database, the user is missing. Cause I don't know how the script intension is for permission, could you please tell me the accoringly excerpt. (eg. CREATE USER cluebringer.... / grant ....)

In the second section I think sieve doesn't work as expected, any ideas?

Best regards

Hi @tiramisu, Thanks for your feedback.

tiramisu wrote:

As I checked on the database, the user is missing. Cause I don't know how the script intension is for permission, could you please tell me the accoringly excerpt. (eg. CREATE USER cluebringer.... / grant ....)

Try below command to fix it:

# mysql -uroot -p
mysql> GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE ON cluebringer.* TO "cluebringer"@localhost IDENTIFIED BY "plain_password";
mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

Please replace "plain_password" above, you can find it in /etc/cluebringer/cluebringer.conf.

I uploaded iRedMail-0.7.4-rc2 with this fix.

tiramisu wrote:

/var/log/sieve.log:
Oct 24 22:53:46 lda(www-data): Fatal: setgid(1001(vmail) from mail_gid setting) failed with euid=33(www-data), gid=33(www-data), egid=33(www-data): Operation not permitted (This binary should probably be called with process group set to 1001(vmail) instead of 33(www-data))

Seems sieve are trying to deliver mail to system user 'www-data' (Apache daemon user).
Please try to set an alias in Postfix (/etc/postfix/aliases), then check returned/bounced mails to figure out what happened.

Hi

Thank you for your replay. I had not the time yet to test your feedback. I forgot to mention a problem in roundcube. Old folders having the inbox as parent apear now as "INBOX.myfolder".

I made the migration from 0.7.3 running on 11.04 as follows:
1. mysqldump -u root -p vmail > vmail.sql
2. tar cfvz vmail.tar.gz /var/vmail
3. copy the files to the new system
4. tar xfvz vmail.tar.gz
5. chown vmail:vmail /var/vmail
6. mysql -u root -p vmail < vmail.sql

- Sending should be now possible, cause I tested yesterday using root instead of the cluebringer user.
- Receiving was not possible, can the sieve be the root-causeof that? (How can I set a alias in postfix?)

Thank you

tiramisu wrote:

I forgot to mention a problem in roundcube. Old folders having the inbox as parent apear now as "INBOX.myfolder".

Could you create a new forum topic to discuss this issue? It's not about a fresh installation of iRedMail-0.7.4-rc releases.

tiramisu wrote:

- Receiving was not possible, can the sieve be the root-causeof that? (How can I set a alias in postfix?)

Open /etc/postfix/aliases, append one line like below:

www-data: real_user@domain.ltd

Save this file and quit your editor, then execute command:

# postalias /etc/postfix/aliases

That's all.

Hi, I'm trying iRedMail-0.7.4-rc2.tar.bz2 with CentOS 6 32bit but I get the same error of "fifawe":
Shutting down amavisd: Error in config file "/etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf": syntax error at /etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf line 607, near ")"

This is the portion of code that cause the error:

# Uncomment below two lines to lookup virtual mail domains from MySQL database.
#@lookup_sql_dsn =  (
    ['DBI:mysql:database=vmail;host=127.0.0.1;port=3306', 'vmail', '9EOOmeGL39UqytZlJfY6Y4m5n3KAoD'],
);

bgdev85 wrote:

# Uncomment below two lines to lookup virtual mail domains from MySQL database.
#@lookup_sql_dsn =  (
    ['DBI:mysql:database=vmail;host=127.0.0.1;port=3306', 'vmail', '9EOOmeGL39UqytZlJfY6Y4m5n3KAoD'],
);

Got it. Fixed and here comes 0.7.4-rc3. Still working on openSUSE-12.1(-RC1) support.
Thanks very much for your feedback. smile

are you using a policyd package or do you use the source version?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Got it. Fixed and here comes 0.7.4-rc3. Still working on openSUSE-12.1(-RC1) support.
Thanks very much for your feedback. smile

Very well, now this problem is solved. But I found another bug, durring the installation I got this error:

Starting Dovecot Imap: doveconf: Fatal: Error in configuration file /tmp/iRedMail-0.7.4-rc3/config line 2: Expecting '='
doveconf: Error: managesieve-login: dump-capability process returned 89
doveconf: Fatal: Error in configuration file /tmp/iRedMail-0.7.4-rc3/config line 2: Expecting '='

Anyway if i run dovecot after the end of the installation script all works well

# /etc/init.d/dovecot start
Starting Dovecot Imap:                                     [  OK  ]

==== Provide basic information to help troubleshoot ====
- iRedMail version:
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====

bgdev86 wrote:

Starting Dovecot Imap: doveconf: Fatal: Error in configuration file /tmp/iRedMail-0.7.4-rc3/config line 2: Expecting '='

A known issue on CentOS 6 if you choose to start mail services when iRedMail installer asks you to. It's safe to ignore it, still not dive into this issue since it doesn't matter at all.

Hi

How can I completely remove iredmail to retry a new "clean" installation without the migration a mentonied before?

Best regards

14 (edited by bgdev85 2011-11-01 02:12:40)

Just after the end of the installation (CentOS 6 32 bit) I tried to setup the DNS record for DKIM following your tutorial, but this is the error that I got:

# amavisd showkeys
Config file "/etc/amavisd.conf" does not exist, at /usr/sbin/amavisd line 1799.

Actually the right config file path is /etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf and not /etc/amavisd.conf so I solved with a symlink

ln -s /etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf /etc/amavisd.conf

bgdev85 wrote:

# amavisd showkeys
Config file "/etc/amavisd.conf" does not exist, at /usr/sbin/amavisd line 1799.

Use "amavisd -c /etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf showkeys" instead.

16 (edited by tiramisu 2011-11-04 18:39:44)

I did it, reinstalled the whole 11.10 and RC3. Seems to work except as follows:

1. Login to rouncube webmail
2. Select "folder options"
3. Select "filters"
4. Error Message "Couldn't connect to sieve server" appears.

Any ideas?

Best regards

p.s. Subfolders of Inbox are still not possible on a clean install.

c33s wrote:

are you using a policyd package or do you use the source version?

Policyd-2.x is available on openSUSE.
Check README file of addition binary packages, including Policyd-2:
http://iredmail.org/yum/opensuse/12.1/README

tiramisu wrote:

Will try to reproduce it and fix it. Thanks for your feedback.

tiramisu wrote:

Sorry, what does this mean?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Will try to reproduce it and fix it. Thanks for your feedback.

You're welcome. Maybe it helps, I found at sieve.log entries as follows:
Nov 05 13:26:28 lda(www-data): Fatal: setgid(1001(vmail) from mail_gid setting) failed with euid=33(www-data), gid=33(www-data), egid=33(www-data): Operation not permitted (This binary should probably be called with process group set to 1001(vmail) instead of 33(www-data))

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Sorry, what does this mean?

Creating folders in roundcube does work. But if you try to select Inbox as parent folder an error occour.

Best regards

tiramisu wrote:

I found at sieve.log entries as follows:
Nov 05 13:26:28 lda(www-data): Fatal: setgid(1001(vmail) from mail_gid setting) failed with euid=33(www-data), gid=33(www-data), egid=33(www-data): Operation not permitted (This binary should probably be called with process group set to 1001(vmail) instead of 33(www-data))

This is another issue. Solved in iRedMail trunk edition:

# usermod -g adm www-data

==== Provide basic information to help troubleshoot ====
- iRedMail version: 0.7.4-rc3
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: ubuntu Server 11.10 64 bits
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====

Mail is working fine, but I see something wrong in users mailboxes.
Path to mailbox_base is /var/vmail, it's right. Inside vmail there is a folder named vmail1, I agree. Inside vmail1 we have one folder for domain, for example "mydomain.com". Here I see a wrong behavior: if my email address is tom@mydomain.com, there shold be a folder named "tom" containing my mail items, instead that there's a folder named "t", containing other folder named "o", containing other folder named "m", with my mail items inside.

There is this structure:
/var/vmail/vmail1/mydomain.com/t/o/m/'my_mail_items'

instead this other:
/var/vmail/vmail1/mydomain.com/tom/'my_mail_items'

is it a bug or is the normal behavior?

Hi @manunauta,

The maildir path is correct.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Hi @manunauta,

The maildir path is correct.

OK. Thanks a lot.

tiramisu wrote:

I did it, reinstalled the whole 11.10 and RC3. Seems to work except as follows:

1. Login to rouncube webmail
2. Select "folder options"
3. Select "filters"

Any ideas?

Best regards

Sorry any news about? Spam still arrives into my inbox... :-/

tiramisu wrote:

Sorry any news about? Spam still arrives into my inbox... :-/

Sorry, what's your point?