Topic: suggestion

==== Provide basic information to help troubleshoot ====
- iRedMail version:
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====

Hello,

I have a 2 suggestions regarding the iRedAdmin-Pro.

1. would be nice to add an "extra"field in the "domain and accounts" table, and I mean
a field for "description" for example, some of the domains are local and some domains are relayed to
another SMTP server after the mail is scanned... so it would be nice to write some description if the
domain is "local" or "relayed" and this field could be located after the Domain field..

as now we have it as follows in that table: | Domain | Name | Quota | Users | Aliases |
and what I mean is:   | Domain | Domain Description |  Quota | Users | Aliases |

in this case we can see if that domain is RELAYED or an LOCAL domain on iRedMail server...
no need to access the domain settings than "relay" to find out about this...

2.  make an option "forward mail to inbox" for Quarantined emails because sometimes we can find
an email in the Quarantined table but it is an "normal" mail and than it would be nice to have an option to
forward this mail to users inbox ...  not sure if this is "smart" option or not ...

Best regards

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: suggestion

1) Good idea. How about show a small icon in icon list? just like the icon for Settings, Account Status. So that we can keep screen cleaner.

2) So you don't want to release or delete this quarantined mail? I'm afraid that Amavisd doesn't support this feature according to its official doc here: http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/README.protocol.txt

== UPDATE ==
I created an issue to track your #1 feature request here: http://code.google.com/p/iredmail/issues/detail?id=73

3 (edited by OviVan 2011-11-16 14:33:52)

- iRedMail version:
====

thank You for adding the suggestion, and I think also it`s good idea to just add a small nice icon as You mentioned to keep the table cleaner agree... You can than just do that...

and about the quarantined emails I just saw the link You posted and I understand what You mean now, I will delete them after some period yes, but it would be nice to have an option to forward the email to users inbox if possible...

I was in the situation where the user reported that he have not received the email, and I saw that email in the quarantined table..

So the quarantined emails must be auto-deleted after some time but also have a possibility to forward the email to users inbox..
for example if You set the quarantined emails, delete them after 30 days, it`s still a good time for the users to let us now if they received the emails or not... than we can check in the quarantined emails table ...

it was just a suggestion but You know it better if it`s possible or not...

Thank You again !

Hi OviVan,

I'm still a little confused about your second question.

OviVan wrote:

I was in the situation where the user reported that he have not received the email, and I saw that email in the quarantined table..

You can simply release quarantined mail, then this user will receive it immediately. And feature "release quarantined mail" is implemented in iRedAdmin-Pro. Is it enough for you?

Or, do you want to forward this quarantined mail to you or another postmaster to verify whether or not it's a real SPAM? (P.S. I just got answer from Amavisd-new mailing list, this is possible too. But it's not yet implemented in iRedAdmin-Pro.)

- iRedMail version:
====

Hi Zhang,

I know about the "release quarantined mail" to users inbox, what I meant was the second option You mentioned...
would like to have an option to "forward" that email to another email address
(either on the same server or out on the external email address ) instead of the user email address...

In some cases we are just releasing the spam emails to users inbox, but if that happens to often than we will forward
that email to another address for "manual" inspection of it`s source code and see why it is in spam category ...

so I am sorry I uttered me wrong I can understand that You where confused.... but You understood it right...

You can have an option either below the "release quarantined mail" or above it which can be named for example
"forward this email to another email address"  or so...

Thank You again !!

Understood now. Created issue #75 to track this feature request:
http://code.google.com/p/iredmail/issues/detail?id=75

- iRedMail version:
====

thank You for that !!