1 (edited by OviVan 2011-11-14 03:42:50)

Topic: [SOLVED] problem with migrated emails

Hello,

just installed fresh CentOS 6 64Bit and iRedMail 0.7.3 fresh installation, than installed the iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL-1.3.0.
The iRed system in it self work just fine as expected, no problems during installation and no problems adding email accounts
domains etc...

But when I should migrate the emails from older server running following ver:

CentOS 5.7 64Bit
iRedMail ver 0.7.0

than I got some problems. This is the way I migrated the emails from old server:

on old server I accessed following location: /var/vmail/vmail1/myDomain.info/s/a/l/user_name-2011.11.13.20.10.37/Maildir

than I saw a lot of the folders, such as "private" folders created in roundCube, than I just created manually all of these
folders on the new server for this user and I just copied it as follows:

old srv:
/var/vmail/vmail1/myDomain.info/s/a/l/user_name-2011.11.13.20.10.37/Maildir/.Private_Folder/cur

new srv:
/var/vmail/vmail1/myDomain.info/s/a/l/user_name-2011.11.13.20.10.37/Maildir/.Private_Folder/cur

I copied everything from "cur" folder from old server to new server...

Than when I logged on to RoundCube I saw all of the emails in this folder, but when I clicked on one of these emails I was not able to see the email "body-content" and I also could not see the "subject" because I only saw "no-subject" on all messages...

Something I missed ??

Thank you
Cheers

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: [SOLVED] problem with migrated emails

Did you set correct file owner and permission on copied mailboxes? It should be owned by user "vmail", group "vmail" with permission "0700". For example:

# chown -R vmail:vmail /var/vmail/vmail1/myDomain.info/
# chmod -R 0700 /var/vmail/vmail1/myDomain.info/

3 (edited by OviVan 2011-11-16 04:47:48)

Re: [SOLVED] problem with migrated emails

it`s working fine now smile

thank You very much !

cheers