Topic: moving domains

==== Provide basic information to help troubleshoot ====
- iRedMail version: 0.7.0; ldap
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 5
====

Our domain is about to expire and we cannot renew it. I have set up a new domain with a 301 re-directing all requests for the old domain for web. Now for email:

- Is it possible to change the domain name users are currently registered in, without re-creating all accounts and moving mail between them?

- Is it possible to set up a re-direct for all email currently destined for the old domain to the new domain?

thanks

krom

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: moving domains

kromcuich wrote:

- Is it possible to change the domain name users are currently registered in, without re-creating all accounts and moving mail between them?

The easiest way is adding new domain as alias domain of old domain name. No addition operation is required.
The potential issue is: all users hosted on your mail server cannot send mail to old domain (actually, mails will be sent to users with same username in new domain since old domain name is an alias domain).

You can manage domain alias with iRedAdmin-Pro if you already purchased it. Screenshot attached below.

kromcuich wrote:

- Is it possible to set up a re-direct for all email currently destined for the old domain to the new domain?

Postfix has this feature.
But i'm so sorry that i cannot remember which Postfix setting works, need some time for research.

Manage domain alias with iRedAdmin-Pro:
http://screenshots.iredmail.googlecode.com/hg/iredadmin/domain_profile_alias.png