1

Topic: add user mail by phpldapadmin but can't login

can you help me about iredmail 0.5 on centos5

I have problem about iredmail But i don't know why
i can import ldif files by phpldapadmin finish and user mail is active
But i can't login user mail
i check to /var/vmail/vmail01/my host/usermail have null

you can help me to check why?

thank you very much.
and i am sorry about my english

2

Re: add user mail by phpldapadmin but can't login

piyatat wrote:

But i can't login user mail

Any log in /var/log/dovecot.log when this user login via IMAP/POP3?

3

Re: add user mail by phpldapadmin but can't login

Error Show :
I add user xxxx finish , in phpldapadmin search xxxx is show
and i login by user xxxx , dovecot.log will show this

[root@mail log]# tail -f dovecot.log |grep xxxx@myhost.net
dovecot: Jul 07 11:03:07 Error: auth(default): userdb(xxxx@myhost.net,127.0.0.1): user not found from userdb ldap
dovecot: Jul 07 11:03:07 Info: imap-login: Internal login failure (auth failed, 1 attempts): user=<xxxx@myhost.net>, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secured

My system is ok before ,. 1 day my energy is down but i don't shoutdown my server sad

4

Re: add user mail by phpldapadmin but can't login

Please turn on debug mode in dovecot, then check why auth failed.

Turn on debug mode in /etc/dovecot.conf:

mail_debug = yes                                                                                                                      
auth_verbose = yes
auth_debug = yes
auth_debug_passwords = yes

Restart dovecot service, re-login with your username, then check what it logs in /var/log/dovecot.log and /var/log/sieve.log.

5

Re: add user mail by phpldapadmin but can't login

thank you and now show error :

[root@mail ~]# tail -f /var/log/dovecot.log |grep xxxx
dovecot: Jul 07 14:25:31 Info: auth(default): ldap(xxxx@myhost.net,192.6.2.85): bind search: base=ou=Users,domainName=myhost.net,o=domains,dc=myhost,dc=net filter=(mail=xxxx@myhost.net)
dovecot: Jul 07 14:25:31 Info: auth(default): ldap(xxxx@myhost.net,192.6.2.85): result: objectClass(?unknown?)= cn(?unknown?)= sn(?unknown?)= uid(?unknown?)= givenName(?unknown?)= mail(?unknown?)= accountStatus(?unknown?)= storageBaseDirectory(?unknown?)= mailMessageStore(?unknown?)= homeDirectory(?unknown?)= enabledService(?unknown?)= memberOfGroup(?unknown?)= userPassword(?unknown?)= mailQuota(?unknown?)=
dovecot: Jul 07 14:25:31 Info: auth(default): client out: OK    1       user=xxxx@myhost.net
dovecot: Jul 07 14:25:31 Info: auth(default): ldap(xxxx@myhost.net,192.6.2.85): user search: base=ou=Users,domainName=myhost.net,o=domains,dc=myhost,dc=net scope=subtree filter=(&(mail=xxxx@myhost.net)(objectClass=mailUser)(accountStatus=active)(enabledService=mail)(enabledService=imap)) fields=storageBaseDirectory,mailMessageStore,mailQuota
dovecot: Jul 07 14:25:31 Info: auth(default): ldap(xxxx@myhost.net,192.6.2.85): Unknown user
dovecot: Jul 07 14:25:31 Error: auth(default): userdb(xxxx@myhost.net,192.6.2.85): user not found from userdb ldap
dovecot: Jul 07 14:25:31 Info: imap-login: Internal login failure (auth failed, 1 attempts): user=<xxxx@myhost.net>, method=PLAIN, rip=192.6.2.85, lip=192.6.1.203, TLS
dovecot: Jul 07 14:25:31 Info: auth(default): ldap(xxxx@myhost.net,192.6.2.85): bind search: base=ou=Users,domainName=myhost.net,o=domains,dc=myhost,dc=net filter=(mail=xxxx@myhost.net)
dovecot: Jul 07 14:25:31 Info: auth(default): ldap(xxxx@myhost.net,192.6.2.85): result: objectClass(?unknown?)= cn(?unknown?)= sn(?unknown?)= uid(?unknown?)= givenName(?unknown?)= mail(?unknown?)= accountStatus(?unknown?)= storageBaseDirectory(?unknown?)= mailMessageStore(?unknown?)= homeDirectory(?unknown?)= enabledService(?unknown?)= memberOfGroup(?unknown?)= userPassword(?unknown?)= mailQuota(?unknown?)=
dovecot: Jul 07 14:25:31 Info: auth(default): client out: OK    1       user=xxxx@myhost.net
dovecot: Jul 07 14:25:31 Info: auth(default): ldap(xxxx@myhost.net,192.6.2.85): user search: base=ou=Users,domainName=myhost.net,o=domains,dc=myhost,dc=net scope=subtree filter=(&(mail=xxxx@myhost.net)(objectClass=mailUser)(accountStatus=active)(enabledService=mail)(enabledService=imap)) fields=storageBaseDirectory,mailMessageStore,mailQuota
dovecot: Jul 07 14:25:31 Info: auth(default): ldap(xxxx@myhost.net,192.6.2.85): Unknown user
dovecot: Jul 07 14:25:31 Error: auth(default): userdb(xxxx@myhost.net,192.6.2.85): user not found from userdb ldap
dovecot: Jul 07 14:25:31 Info: imap-login: Internal login failure (auth failed, 1 attempts): user=<xxxx@myhost.net>, method=PLAIN, rip=192.6.2.85, lip=192.6.1.203, TLS

6

Re: add user mail by phpldapadmin but can't login

piyatat wrote:

[root@mail ~]# tail -f /var/log/dovecot.log |grep xxxx

Don't use 'grep' to filter log, you might drop useful log message. Just paste the raw log content.

piyatat wrote:

dovecot: Jul 07 14:25:31 Info: auth(default): ldap(xxxx@myhost.net,192.6.2.85): user search: base=ou=Users,domainName=myhost.net,o=domains,dc=myhost,dc=net scope=subtree filter=(&(mail=xxxx@myhost.net)(objectClass=mailUser)(accountStatus=active)(enabledService=mail)(enabledService=imap)) fields=storageBaseDirectory,mailMessageStore,mailQuota

Failed in this step.

- Base dn: ou=Users,domainName=myhost.net,o=domains,dc=myhost,dc=net
- Query filter: (&(mail=xxxx@myhost.net)(objectClass=mailUser)(accountStatus=active)(enabledService=mail)(enabledService=imap))

Does this user (xxxx@myhost.net) has required LDAP attributes and values?

7

Re: add user mail by phpldapadmin but can't login

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
piyatat wrote:

[root@mail ~]# tail -f /var/log/dovecot.log |grep xxxx

Don't use 'grep' to filter log, you might drop useful log message. Just paste the raw log content.

piyatat wrote:

dovecot: Jul 07 14:25:31 Info: auth(default): ldap(xxxx@myhost.net,192.6.2.85): user search: base=ou=Users,domainName=myhost.net,o=domains,dc=myhost,dc=net scope=subtree filter=(&(mail=xxxx@myhost.net)(objectClass=mailUser)(accountStatus=active)(enabledService=mail)(enabledService=imap)) fields=storageBaseDirectory,mailMessageStore,mailQuota

Failed in this step.

- Base dn: ou=Users,domainName=myhost.net,o=domains,dc=myhost,dc=net
- Query filter: (&(mail=xxxx@myhost.net)(objectClass=mailUser)(accountStatus=active)(enabledService=mail)(enabledService=imap))

Does this user (xxxx@myhost.net) has required LDAP attributes and values?


==================================
Please tell me ...
what is files or value i can check?
i Don't know

Thank you very much smile
os = centos 5 , iredmail 0.5

8

Re: add user mail by phpldapadmin but can't login

Why not use iRedAdmin (either open source edition or Pro edition) to add mail user? It's easier than phpLDAPadmin.
You can access it via httpS://your_server/iredadmin/

9 (edited by piyatat 2011-07-26 11:28:18)

Re: add user mail by phpldapadmin but can't login

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Why not use iRedAdmin (either open source edition or Pro edition) to add mail user? It's easier than phpLDAPadmin.
You can access it via httpS://your_server/iredadmin/

=============================================================================================================

I can't change my system , now my system use well but i can't add new user sad

how to test , what happen of my system ...
and now i add user by Apache Directory Studio But it is not work too...

thank you for help

10

Re: add user mail by phpldapadmin but can't login

I want to repeat my opinion, it's easier to add new mail user with iRedAdmin (either open source edition or Pro edition).

If you're not familiar with LDAP schema, then please try iRedAdmin.

11

Re: add user mail by phpldapadmin but can't login

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I want to repeat my opinion, it's easier to add new mail user with iRedAdmin (either open source edition or Pro edition).

If you're not familiar with LDAP schema, then please try iRedAdmin.

Help me please,...
I worry about my mail data if i change to iRedMail-0.7
How to upgrade be careful Or How to repair my old system (iRedMail-0.5.0)   

and i can't change mysql version

Thank you any help.

12

Re: add user mail by phpldapadmin but can't login

hello any help.
Now i have new one server and have iRedmail-0.7.3
my Question
1. how to move user data from iredmail-0.5.0 to new iredmail
2. how to move mail data from iredmail-0.5.0 to new iredmail

Thank you any help.

13

Re: add user mail by phpldapadmin but can't login

piyatat wrote:

1. how to move user data from iredmail-0.5.0 to new iredmail

For OpenLDAP backend, you can backup mail accounts with phpLDAPadmin, export all objects under o=domains,dc=xxx,dc=xxx in LDIF format, then import it on new server with phpLDAPadmin too.

piyatat wrote:

2. how to move mail data from iredmail-0.5.0 to new iredmail

Mail data (mailboxes) is stored under /var/vmail/ by default. Simply copy whole directory to new server should be fine. Don't forget to set file owner and group to 'vmail:vmail', file permission 0700.