1 (edited by jusis 2011-04-08 02:18:04)

Topic: Fatal: Failed to create sieve storage with data

When i`m in roundcube settings, click on filter and i have a red drop-down window "unable to connect to managesieve". when i`m doing it once again it works. So log says:
dovecot: Error: child 24837 (managesieve) returned error 89 (Fatal failure)
Error: sieve-storage: sieve_storage_verify_dir(/var/vmail/sieve/"my_mailserver/maildir"
//tmp) failed: File exists
Fatal: Failed to create sieve storage with data: /var/vmail/sieve/"my_mailserver/maildir"

It works, but it`s annoying to get that window all the time. Is there any way to fix that?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Fatal: Failed to create sieve storage with data

First time you  try Filter, dovecot will try to create necessary directories, not sure why it happened, but it won't happen again in further access.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

First time you  try Filter, dovecot will try to create necessary directories, not sure why it happened, but it won't happen again in further access.

So, can you give advise, how to fix that, a lot of new mail users.

I also posted this in "Managesieve Failing", but saw that it was from 2010, so i post it here too so it will be available for those who search.

I believe this is a bug in dovecot in that it doesn't parse the path given in the config-file correctly.

The solution is to edit /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf and remove the last slash "/" in this line:
sieve_dir = /var/vmail/sieve/%Ld/%Ln/
so it becomes:
sieve_dir = /var/vmail/sieve/%Ld/%Ln

tested by deleting the users sieve-folder and logging in to the webmail, going to settings and filter a couple of times, it seems to work.. the folder is created and no error messages is presented to the user.

I also found that the default sieve rules-file needs to be moved from /var/vmail/sieve/dovecot.sieve to /etc/dovecot/dovecot.sieve so that roundcube can access them. (roundcube can't read anything in /var/vmail)
I Created a link from /var/vmail/sieve/dovecot.sieve -> /etc/dovecot/dovecot.sieve
Also edited:
/usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail/plugins/managesieve/config.inc.php
Line from: $rcmail_config['managesieve_default'] = "/var/vmail/sieve/dovecot.sieve";
Line To: $rcmail_config['managesieve_default'] = "/etc/dovecot/dovecot.sieve";           

Works perfectly now.
Default-rules setup in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.sieve are applied to every account on server until user goes into settings -> filter in roundcube, default-rules are then copied to user settings which are activated.

Great, you fix two bugs in iRedMail.

I committed these two fixes into iRedMail moment ago, thanks very much for your contribution. smile
http://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/chang … d64d0c3ae9