Topic: Wishlist of iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP

Hi, all.

iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-1.5.0 is available for upgrade and purchase. We'd like to hear from you, please don't hesitate to tell us what you expect to be achieved in next release - iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-1.6.0.

Thanks very much. smile

== WISHLIST ==
TO BE CONTINUED.

• Add tab "Vacation" in user profile page for vacation management. 2013-01-30

Items remained in wishlist of iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-1.5.0:

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Wishlist of iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP

A point in the wishlist:

make optional the antivirus/antispam for a single mailbox

A bigger point:

Make more iRedMail server "linkable" for redundant purposes. (multiple servers, same domains, same services)
I want to use it with multiple DNS MX records for the same domain.

(I know it's hard smile)

I haven't tested the new versions recently, as I had to go to a different product.

Is there a way to have the name of the mailing list in the subject of the emails?

As in:

myemaillist@example.net

SUBJECT: [myemaillist]

Is this possible?

aldo.corleone wrote:

Is there a way to have the name of the mailing list in the subject of the emails?

No. Sorry.

The built-in mail list is not a full-featured mailing list management tool like Mailman, it just manages members and basic mail deliver restrictions.

i am now gooing to test iRedOS 7.1, but will like to know if you have this in iRedAdmin:

1) to stop any type of attachment by extiontion, eg: zip rar doc.pdf and have that attachment put in a selected user mail box to be look at my an admin so to see if the email is good or not, then the admin can the extract the contain of the zip file and forward it to the recipient.

fbifido wrote:

1) to stop any type of attachment by extiontion

You can achieve this feature with Amavisd. Still no plan to manage it wirh iRedAdmin-Pro.

# iredmail ldap/mysql admin whishlist

## swtich database for free
>>is it possible to exchange my ldapadmin purchase to an mysqladmin?
>No. You have to pay for another license. Sorry.
its really uncool for me, because i really struggled long around with ldap and really thinking about switching to mysql. i just need a emails system which is working (that was the reason why i bought the proadmin) if i have a lot of time i would create the whole email server setup by hand.

it would be really great if you can think about bundeling both versions together for one price or provide a cheap switching or upgrade plan.
for me ldap would be no problem if it just works. some things you can't test in the demo, you notice them first in the production environment.

what should i do now? selling my ldap license and buy a new mysql license? pay again for mysql throwing away the ldap? throwing away ldap and get back to my old mailingsystem (workaround.org) (no i don't want, i really think you admin is cool and i want to stay with it).
(of course i will try to reinstall the server and see if i get the backup working before)

## fetchmail
add fetchmail support to get emails from other pop or imap accounts

## greylisting management
add a seperated greylist management, to disable greylisting for a single user or domain, but don't disable the whole policyd for the whitelisted ip.

## better alias-domain managment
### domain aliases
if i define alias domain i would want that every email defined on the main domain automatically is added for the 2nd domain.
for example i have 4 domains with different top levels (.at, .net, .eu, .org, .com), i make the .com domain the main domain and define the other 4 as aliases.
if i create a user "john", all email aliases are correctly added for that name (john@domain.com, john@domain.at,...) but as soon as i add an alias for john, it is getting unhandy. i just want to define "john.doe@domain.com, jd@domain.com, doe@domain.com and all the domain aliases should be added automatically.

maybe add two columns, one manually added and one autogenereated aliases, so the user can manually delete some single autogenerated mailadress if he does not want it.

###autocomplete email alias without domains
a very good addition for this would also be adding a new alias for john@domain.com like this:
jd@, john.doe@, doe@,...
the domain can be added by script, its allways the main domain of the user + the defined aliases.

## easy import / export of userdata (backup)
see iredmail whishlist http://www.iredmail.org/forum/post9572.html

## password generator for new user
password will simply be generated by a script and (just some ideas)
- will be dumped to screen (checkbox show password)
- dumped plain into database, can be accessed by menu "show new users" where the user are shown with password, this table gets cleaned/delted every 12hours...
- dumped into a plaintext file in /root

## default names on create new user in a domain
>Still no plan yet.
but really would be great. pattern generation as "firstname.lastename@ f.l@ fl@ firstname@ lastname@ ..." would be really great. also adding some default emails like: info@, office@,...

## better roundcube integration
>>for example what i think is missing: if you have a
>>user with multiple aliases, you have only one identity in roundcube (the
>>login id), but having a mysql db in background it would be great if the
>>admin directly cross adds all the identities to a user, so a login id
>>has access to all aliases of the user in roundcube.

>iRedMail disables multiple identities in roundcube, you can enable it manually in
>its config file "main.inc.php".
i know that i can do that in roundcube, but i don't want the user to create fake emails, i would prefere if iredmailadmin pro adds/deletes all aliases defined/removed, directly in the roundcube identidy table.

// 0 - many identities with possibility to edit all params
// 1 - many identities with possibility to edit all params but not email address
// 2 - one identity with possibility to edit all params
// 3 - one identity with possibility to edit all params but not email address

i would like the stay with 1 but have all email adressses available which are defined in iredmailadmin for that user

the only way to change identity now is to login with the emailadress you want to use, but this is rather unhandy if you want to write from office@ and then from firstname@ and than from orderings@
i think iredmail should handle that.
i hacked this feature in by modifing roundcube mail. where i let the user change his emailadress as long as he stays on the same domain (which is also not really good.)

## massupdate quotas
massupdate in general would be great. add multiple user to a mailing list, set quotas, ... clicking through each user can be very time consuming.

## global auto mailinglists
i would need a mailinglist like: allcustomers@mailserver.com so each user of the mailserver can easyly be contacted.

- the option to define one global mailinglist, where each user is automatically added on creation. you have to manually opt out a user if you dont want it inside.
- a option to list all users on one page and checkbox click through them to add them to one mailinglist (see massupdate above)

## security
check for good passwords (length + chars checking) + dictonary check. auto send the user a reminder to change password,...

## +1
+1 "linkable" i really enjoy a possibility of linked servers which can be managed with one iredmailadmin. clustering and failover is an important thing today.

Policyd 2.0

I'm migrating from other mail system to iRedMail and very usefull would be the option to import whole user tables in the particular domain. I'm having 200 users so it is possible to put them in by hand but if there would be thousands of them I would never even consider using iRedMail.

kospel wrote:

I'm migrating from other mail system to iRedMail and very usefull would be the option to import whole user tables in the particular domain. I'm having 200 users so it is possible to put them in by hand but if there would be thousands of them I would never even consider using iRedMail.

It's hard to know the SQL/LDAP structure used in your old server, so it's impossible for us to write some tools to help migrate.
What we can do is, share the whole SQL/LDAP structure with you, to help you write your own scripts.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
kospel wrote:

It's hard to know the SQL/LDAP structure used in your old server, so it's impossible for us to write some tools to help migrate.
What we can do is, share the whole SQL/LDAP structure with you, to help you write your own scripts.

==== Provide basic information to help troubleshoot ====
- iRedMail version:
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====

Its not the matter of myself only. I'd like to see it in future releases.
I can't find basic option- import from an csv file. I don't want you to convert my old database to ldap. I don't want you to convert any database. I just want to have clickable option "import table from csv file", and of course second- "export table to csv file". Creating an csv file of desired structure is a matter of minutes. When i would have the option to import it instead of clicking every text box in the form and saving users/aliases/maillists one by one. One table at one time. This is the simpliest and the most universal option for fast creating a big database of users, domains etc.

The matter is that people have very different databases. Some have their own designs (like i do). But everyone can dump it into text file and to convert this file into whatever they want is a piece of cake.

Understood, will try to achieve it in future release.
Thanks very much for your feedback. smile

Ur welcome. I'd rather should thank you for your great work smile

Would be useful to extend the maillist group to support standard ldap schema group support.
This could be useful to maximize the sogo integration in iredmail.

From the sogo documentation:

"SOGo supports LDAP-based groups.
Groups must be defined like any other authentication sources (ie., canAuthenticate must be set to YES and a group must have a valid email address).
In order for SOGo to determine if a specific LDAP entry is a group, SOGo will look for one of the following objectClass attributes :

❏ group ❏ groupOfNames ❏ groupOfUniqueNames ❏ posixGroup"

I don't know the amount of work needed to implement this feature, but seems to be useful.

Thx

Add an option for global admin to mark an email address as un-deletable. Thus only global admins are able to delete this user if for example it is a required email address that it is used by another script.

web2works wrote:

Add an option for global admin to mark an email address as un-deletable. Thus only global admins are able to delete this user if for example it is a required email address that it is used by another script.

Then mention it in its Display Name.

buzzzo wrote:

In order for SOGo to determine if a specific LDAP entry is a group, SOGo will look for one of the following objectClass attributes :

I don't know the amount of work needed to implement this feature, but seems to be useful.

Is this objectClass list configurable? If so, add 'mailList' which is used in iRedMail.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
web2works wrote:

Then mention it in its Display Name.

Yes that's the easy and least user friendly option but would be nice to have this feature to prevent it

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
buzzzo wrote:

Is this objectClass list configurable? If so, add 'mailList' which is used in iRedMail.

==== Provide basic information to help troubleshoot ====
- iRedMail version:
====

This is an example of a group entry managed by sogo:

dn: cn=inverse,ou=groups,dc=inverse,dc=ca
objectClass: groupOfUniqueNames
objectClass: top objectClass: extensibleObject
uniqueMember: uid=alice,ou=users,dc=inverse,dc=ca
uniqueMember: uid=bernard,ou=users,dc=inverse,dc=ca uniqueMember: uid=bob,ou=users,dc=inverse,dc=ca cn: inverse
structuralObjectClass: groupOfUniqueNames
mail: inverse@inverse.ca

As you can see it's different by a group defined in iredmail.
I could define only the "filter", not the format of the ldap entry.

A simple wishlist: add a check box to enable vpn access per user.

buzzzo wrote:

A simple wishlist: add a check box to enable vpn access per user.

I thought about this before: let system admins can add more service names for attribute "enabledService".
OK, it's now on my TODO list with low priority.

hello Zhang ,
it's pretty good if iRedAdmin-Pro can backup and restore the configuration and data
many thanks

Do you have any plans to add more statistical data such as view total emails sent/received per domain and maybe broken down further into per user etc. I know in awstats this displays a list of Hosts but not grouped by domain.

@web2works: You can view sent/received mails of per-domain and per-user with latest iRedAdmin-Pro.

There's a small icon in domain list page and user list page, click it to view per-domain or per-user sent/received/quarantind mails, it will show number of total mails. Is it enough for you?

It would be very nice if next release would provide an option to send a welcome mail to new user which was feeded by administrator all relevent support informations.it should be one time after creating new mail user

.==== Provide basic information to help troubleshoot ====
- iRedMail version:
====