Topic: View quarantined mail as a user

Hi,

is there a way to view/unjunk quarantined as a normal user via iRedAdmin?
<http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic1490 … asing.html>

I did not yet updated to 1.4, but I tried to login in the demo iRedAdmin with a created email address and password and this does not work.

-- NoOne1337

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: View quarantined mail as a user

Not achieved yet, but it's scheduled to be available in next release v1.5.0 or v1.6.0.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Not achieved yet, but it's scheduled to be available in next release v1.5.0 or v1.6.0.

Good to know.

If you are talking about new features... I have one which should also be in:  "Quarantine Report".
Means: Sent a daily/weekly/all X hours with all new mails arrived in quarantaine.
From (e-mail address), Subject, Date and direct "unjunk/send" link.

User and/or Admin should be able to configure when and how this report will be sent or not ;-)

Best Regards,

NoOne1337

NoOne1337 wrote:

Means: Sent a daily/weekly/all X hours with all new mails arrived in quarantaine.

You can simply add a cron job to send this report.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Hi,

what about this feature? We have now v1.6.2 but this feature is still not implemented.

I need that feature urgently... Is it really so hard to implement this for users?
I have a couple of customers you didn't want to get SPAM delivered to mail. Instead they wish to login to a frontend to manage this.

-- NoOne1337

NoOne1337 wrote:

what about this feature?

Still not high priority to achieve it. Sorry.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Still not high priority to achieve it. Sorry.

Why not? It's a feature which is really essential. You don't need to delivery spam mails to users mailbox. Instead you can create a automatic mail every day with new spam mails and the user can login to release them.

How about deliver SPAM to user's Junk folder directly instead of quarantined into MySQL?

My concern is, viewing and releasing quarantined mail is too complex to end user, delivering SPAM to Junk folder is better.

9 (edited by NoOne1337 2011-08-19 00:45:11)

Viewing/Releasing Mails ist not very complex for end users. We have 200 users in our company who are using the Postini Spam Frontend. I have no reports that some had a problem with this frontend.

From Postini, the users get every day a mail which lists all new mails which are marked as Spam.

It has 4 colums:
From-Address,
Subject (linked to the Postini website to view the message - you have to login to see the message),
Date and a
"Send/Unjunk" link for each spam mail (directly unjunks mail without login).

The benefit of viewing/releasing on a frontend can also trigger spamassasin to learn what is HAM and SPAM.

The idea with the Junk folder is nice, but normal users don't look into that folder regulary, but they look into the spam/quarantine report mail.

-- NoOne1337

Viewing and releasing quarantined mails requires System Admin or end user to pay addition attention, i don't think it's the preferred way. I prefer to deliver SPAM into INBOX (not Junk folder) directly, with modified subject (prepend 'SPAM' in subject), so that it doesn't require you to pay addition attention.

I will seriously re-consider your feature request. Thanks very much.