Topic: Migrate from qmail to postfix-iredmail

Hello
i setup an email server with iredmail
i want to migrate the usernames passwords etc.. from an old server i have with qmail
does anyone know any migrating tool or tutorial about this?
Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Migrate from qmail to postfix-iredmail

Search 'migrate' in this forum will show you some useful posts.
References:
http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic1743 … stfix.html
http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic99-4 … h-300.html

thank you but i still cant find something that works for me!
i have a server with qmailtoaster and i have a second server with iredos and mysql.
Because i am newby in this can you tell me a step by step tutorial about this?
this can save me!
Regards,
Elias

No one knows your server environment, so we cannot write a step-by-step tutorial.
The key points of migrating a mail server to iRedMail are: mailbox format (Maildir or mbox), username and passwords.

- If qmailtoaster stores mail in Maildir format, then you can simply copy old mailboxes to iRedMail directly.
- If qmailtoaster stores passwords of mail accounts in MD5, you can simply import them into iRedMail.

You can post detail questions or errors here.

My main problem is about how to deliver the old accounts with the passwords to the new one.
Some ideas?

elias_t wrote:

My main problem is about how to deliver the old accounts with the passwords to the new one.
Some ideas?

No idea if you didn't tell us how your old mail server stores accounts and passwords.

hello!!
i finally fix this!
i have insert the old account information to my new sql with phpmyadmin.
my only issue now is that when i login with a user account there is no folder such as Sent Drafts etc.
i take a look at maildir format and i realise that there is no same directories...
What should i do to fix that??
Thanks!

elias_t wrote:

my only issue now is that when i login with a user account there is no folder such as Sent Drafts etc.
i take a look at maildir format and i realise that there is no same directories...
What should i do to fix that??

IMAP folders are hidden on Linux/Unix system, you can find them with command 'ls -a', it will list all hidden files.
On Linux/Unix system, file name with a prepend dot, e.g. ~/.bash_profile, will not be displayed in output of command 'ls'.