Topic: Error "Temporary lookup failure" on send mails

Dear,

I'm getting some complaints from users about failures as it tries to send e-mails to both external users and to other users of the same domain.

When you click Send/Receive in the mail client is automatically returned the error:

<--
Sent: Friday, July 1, 2011 11:12
To: sender_local_user
Cc: 'other_local_user_same_domain'
Subject: Undeliverable: Re: FW: Research Ibope 2011

His message was not received by one or more recipients.

Subject: RE: FW: Research Ibope 2011
       Sent: 07/01/2011 11:12

Can not find the following recipients:

'user_external@domain_external' on 01/07/2011 11:12
             451 <sender_local_user@local_domain> 4.3.0: Temporary lookup failure

'other_local_user_same_domain' on 07/01/2011 11:12
             451 <sender_local_user@local_domain> 4.3.0: Temporary lookup failure
-->

The mail.log show:

Jul  1 11:20:50 plug-psmtp2 postfix/smtpd[28445]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx.dsl.telesp.net.br[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]: 451 4.3.0 <sender_local_user@local_domain>: Temporary look up failure; from=<sender_local_user@local_domain> to=<user_external@domain_external> proto=ESMTP helo=<arnaldopc>

Jul  1 11:20:50 plug-psmtp2 postfix/smtpd[28445]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx.dsl.telesp.net.br[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx2]: 451 4.3.0 <sender_local_user@local_domain>: Temporary look up failure; from=<sender_local_user@local_domain> to=<other_local_user_same_domain@local_domain> proto=ESMTP helo=<arnaldopc>

I put this case as an example, but now that the complete migration of domains to the new platform have received calls from other clients with similar cases.

Have looked at the Forum on "Temporary lookup failure" and has checked the files in /var/spool/postfix/etc are the same as in /etc .

My system: iRedMail-0.7.1 with iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL-1.2.1. on Debian platform.

Any ideas? It worries me this kind of case start to increase.

Tks,

Marcelo M.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Error "Temporary lookup failure" on send mails

M Martinatti wrote:

The mail.log show:
Jul  1 11:20:50 plug-psmtp2 postfix/smtpd[28445]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx.dsl.telesp.net.br[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]: 451 4.3.0 <sender_local_user@local_domain>: Temporary look up failure; from=<sender_local_user@local_domain> to=<user_external@domain_external> proto=ESMTP helo=<arnaldopc>

Please do NOT show only error message, but show related context too.
Could you please paste the logs before and after this error message?

Re: Error "Temporary lookup failure" on send mails

Hi Zhang,

The problem occurring again, I'll get full logging and send you.

Tks

Marcelo M.