Topic: Postmaster Password

Hi,

I key in password for postmaster to access ired admin. But it said wrong password.

* - iRedAdmin: https://mail.example.com/iredadmin/
*   + Account: postmaster@example.com, Password: optimal3
Error: Username or password is incorrect.

Can i reset using command line? I install in Ubuntu 10.04.

Thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Postmaster Password

You can login to phpLDAPadmin to reset ts password.

hi  i have a similar problem except the error  message is login failed i know the password is correct i just don't know what is wrong please help me too.
thanks,
Miles

irednewbie wrote:

hi  i have a similar problem except the error  message is login failed i know the password is correct i just don't know what is wrong please help me too.

Did you login to phpLDAPadmin or which web application?

more info sorry forgot to add i went to localhost/mail  got the login page entered postmaster@domain.com and mypassword clicked on login and got login failed.
i know everything is working 'cause i can login to the www@domain.com. thats no problem.

thanks,
Miles

sorry guys i  forgot to mrntion i chose mysql as the backend.
  and Ijust dont know how to access the  phpLDAPadmin.

could i dig into the mysql database directly? im having trouble identifing the database and table to look into.

hope Im making more sense.
miles

Which web application did you login to with postmaster@?

oh sorry ii forgot to say i chose roundcube as the web email client. basically i chose all the defaults when installing.

postmaster@ is an admin account, you can login to iRedAdmin with it. But you cannot login to Webmail with it.

10 (edited by irednewbie 2011-06-27 10:40:25)

mmm but how do i get the email for the post master without aliasing?
I thought the admin functions appear when logging into the postmaster 's accoount in the  roundcube. mmm I must be totally lost folks. sorry to be such a burden. Im just trying to learn.

Miles
BTW how do i access iredadmin?

irednewbie wrote:

BTW how do i access iredadmin?

iRedMail will create file 'iRedMail.tips' after installation. e.g. iRedMail-0.7.2/iRedMail.tips. It will also mail this file to user 'www@your_domain.com'. You can find it in the file.

thank you for all your indulgence in me  i appreciate it.   well wouldn't you know it an experiebce IT guy just dove into the software without reading the documentation. well i finally did and got the iredadmin to work. it also saidt log in to it the first user is your root account  edit the alias file if you want another account to receive your root 's mail.
postmaster@domain is not a mail account and thats why you cant log in to it.

thanks everyone
Miles:):)