Topic: Domain Alias problem

Hello,

After setting a new domain with 2 domains alias, I have some trouble to use the aliases domains.

Infact, the "real" domain is working, but if I test to send to an aliased domain :

The error that the other server returned was: 554 554 5.7.1 <xxx@alias.domain>: Relay access denied (state 14).

I have checked the "alias_domains" table, all is okay.

Is a command exist to "force" postfix to "reload" it's alias db ?

This is just working on another domain, so I don't understand what happens.

Thanks,

Valty

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Domain Alias problem

Maybe the problem is here ? :

warning: database /etc/postfix/aliases.db is older than source file /etc/postfix/aliases

I got some questions for you:

- Which Linux/BSD distro do you use? Which version?
- Which version of iRedMail do you use?
- Which backend do you use to store mail accounts? OpenLDAP or MySQL?
- How did you add alias domains? With iRedAdmin-Pro or phpLDAPadmin, phpMyAdmin?

-> Debian 6.0.1
-> The last version of iRedMail
-> MySQL backend, v1.1.0. Haven't time to update it :-)
-> I just used iRedAdminPro

5 (edited by Valty 2011-06-25 00:16:26)

I confirm that absolutely no domain alias is working right now

And please note that I changed the DB settings in all the softwares... I think there is no mistake, but I can't be sure

Did you upgrade iRedAdmin-Pro by following upgrade tutorial:
http://iredmail.org/wiki/index.php?titl … /1.0-1.1.0

7 (edited by Valty 2011-06-25 00:49:09)

EDIT: after checking, I'm running iRedMail 0.7.1 (doesn't have make the update right now), with the iRedAdmin Pro 1.1.0 MySQL

I have seen that you changed this query here in the virtual_mailbox_domains.cf :

query       = SELECT domain FROM domain WHERE domain='%s' AND backupmx=0 AND active=1 UNION SELECT alias_domain.alias_domain FROM alias_domain,domain WHERE alias_domain.alias_domain='%s' AND alias_domain.active=1 AND alias_domain.target_domain=domain.domain AND domain.active=1 AND domain.backupmx=0

Is this can be the cause of my problem ?

Note: iRedMail 0.7.1 and iRedAdmin Pro 1.1.0 MySQL was directly installed, without updates

8 (edited by Valty 2011-06-25 00:57:14)

After updated to iRedMail 0.7.2, the error is now :

Recipient address rejected: Policy Rejection- Please try later.;

EDIT: sounds very bad, all my e-mails seems to be rejected right now...

Valty wrote:

Recipient address rejected: Policy Rejection- Please try later.;

Looks good. It's greylisting, that means, it works as expected now. Just wait for some minutes, and you will get your mail. smile

Okay, I understood. The greylisting was not working cause of a MySQL configuration problem. I just forgot to change the postfix-policyd configurations.

Apparently, changing the query on virtual_mailbox_domains.cf seems to have solved my problem !

Many thanks ! :-)