Topic: Upgrade from 0.6.1 to 0.7.0 on Ubuntu - dovecot upgrade?

Hi
i noticed that on http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … 1.1.to.1.2. it does not mention steps necessary for ubuntu platform. Can i follow steps from debian 5 instead or is there specific steps for ubuntu only?

if i can follow debian 5 steps, does that mean i HAVE to follow other upgrade steps for Debian 5 if i dont see ubuntu specific steps i.e. when i see notes like this: - iRedMail-0.6.0, Debian 5 only.

thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Upgrade from 0.6.1 to 0.7.0 on Ubuntu - dovecot upgrade?

As i remember, it's already dovecot-1.2.x on Ubuntu.
May i know which version of dovecot you're running?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

As i remember, it's already dovecot-1.2.x on Ubuntu.
May i know which version of dovecot you're running?

# which dovecot
/usr/sbin/dovecot

# dovecot --version

Which version of Ubuntu do you use? Does dovecot exist in any Ubuntu official repository?

Upgrading to dovecot-1.2.x is not a required step, if v1.1.x works well, you can continue running it.
If you need some features in v1.2.x, then consider upgrading.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Which version of Ubuntu do you use? Does dovecot exist in any Ubuntu official repository?

Upgrading to dovecot-1.2.x is not a required step, if v1.1.x works well, you can continue running it.
If you need some features in v1.2.x, then consider upgrading.

thanks - i guess i am not specifically looking for features in dovecot 1.2 myself - but i assumed newer versions of iRedMail/iRedAdminPro requires it, does it not? Are you saying i can stick with dovecot 1.1.x and still upgrade my iRed products to latest? your wiki does not seem to suggest that

please let me know

jukazu_ithr wrote:

but i assumed newer versions of iRedMail/iRedAdminPro requires it, does it not?

Dovecot-1.2.x supports storing real-time mailbox usage in MySQL database, this is the only one feature (compare with dovecot-1.1.x) we used in iRedAdmin-Pro.
If you stick with dovecot-1.1.x, turn off this feature in config file of iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP: settings.ini:

show_used_quota = True

Note: This setting exists since iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-1.4.0. If you can't find it in earlier versions, that's correct.

Are you saying i can stick with dovecot 1.1.x and still upgrade my iRed products to latest?

You can stick with v1.1.x.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
jukazu_ithr wrote:

but i assumed newer versions of iRedMail/iRedAdminPro requires it, does it not?

Dovecot-1.2.x supports storing real-time mailbox usage in MySQL database, this is the only one feature (compare with dovecot-1.1.x) we used in iRedAdmin-Pro.
If you stick with dovecot-1.1.x, turn off this feature in config file of iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP: settings.ini:

show_used_quota = True

Note: This setting exists since iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-1.4.0. If you can't find it in earlier versions, that's correct.

Are you saying i can stick with dovecot 1.1.x and still upgrade my iRed products to latest?

You can stick with v1.1.x.

Thanks! That's great to know although a similar wiki page for upgrading from dovecot 1.1 to 1.2 for Ubuntu would be useful in my view with specific steps/changes needed for iredmail (i know upgrading dovecot ALONE from 1.1 to 1.2 is simple), like you did for centos/debian etc at

http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php?title=IRedMail/FAQ/Upgrade.Dovecot.1.1.to.1.2#Update_Dovecot_configure

thanks - i will stick with 1.1 for now and carry on upgrading iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP from 1.2 to 1.6 now