Topic: A few suggestions & bugs from a new pro user
Just downloaded free version and upgraded to pro. Still in testing phase.
Here's some findings from, hope it helps.
1. RoundCube's Password plugin's cn_ZH.inc is missing. English showed up.So I did my own translation.
2. When an user account is deleted from the panel, everything works fine except the user's maildir still exists, as well as all the emails. Is is done by purpose?
3. Sometimes customer may want to change $rcmail_config['product_name'] under roundcube's main.inc.php from "roundcube webmail" to his/her company name as well as a few other places. It may be helpful to put this into the install script.
4. It is difficult enough to have my users remember urls, they only remember site name. http://www.example.com/mail/ is too much for them. So in /etc/httpd/conf.d/welcome.conf, I added a line RedirectMatch ^/$ /mail/ before </LocationMatch> solves the problem. May not be the perfect solution due to my poor apache knowledge.
5. The default roundcube skin is optimized for English with font 11px. Less ideal for Chinese users, font's a bit small. So I went to skins/default, replace most of 'font-size 11px;' to 12px. Seems fine with my FF4 and IE6, should be OK with others.
6. Should be a way, either explictly in the install script or in the install doc to let customer specify their company's ip address in fail2ban's ignore list. Otherwise on the very first day the new system is installed the whole company will be banned because some user put the wrong password in outlook (they always do!).
7. I need to migrate 500 users from my old mail server. My plan was to bulk add the user list with a new random password for each account, send the password to their old emailbox, wait two days so they will all know, then switch. However ,the bulk user add script(openldap,.sh) is both buggy and not suitable for my purpose: no password option (only default or same as username), the user home directory is set to one that's different from the ones created from the panel. So I edited it and changed the syntax. As attached. The new syntax is : prog-name domain_name user_name user_passwd. If I want to add multiple users I can always write another script to call this one in a loop, not necessary to put multiple user names in one line.
8. I'm from China. An option to accecpt payment through alipay would be nicer.
9. I will try write more, but , can someone fix the GFW problem? What the h__ does a free email website do to piss off the Chinese gov?
- Urgent issue? Pay iRedMail developer to solve it remotely at $39.